Start of Term Housekeeping
by: educational visits
As we start the new academic year you will all be thinking about the exciting trips that your pupils are going to be engaging in whether this is a trip to the Battlefields, Bewerley Park, East Barnby, London or a venue in your Local Learning Area. We have come up with the following top tips/jobs to help ensure that your trips run smoothly.
- Check that the school contact details are correct
- Create Evolve accounts for new staff. n.b. staff accounts can be transferred between schools using the same LA Evolve site. Contact us for help with this.
- Don’t forget to disable accounts for staff who have left.
- Ensure staff contact details are correct.
- If you have an EVC account you can manage staff using the ‘Establishment Dashboard’.
- Check EVC, MiDAS, First Aid expiry dates and book revalidation courses. Click here to access our training courses.
- Arrange training for new staff.
Policy and Procedures
- Review the schools Educational Visits Policy
- Ensure staff are familiar with the Educational Visits Policy
- Please ensure that all visits that are being submitted to the Educational Visits Team for checking have the following documents attached:
- A copy of the initial letter sent to parents/carers
- An outline/provisional itinerary
- If necessary, a risk assessment identifying the risks/hazards/control measures specific to the visit
- Review your Local Learning Area or contact us if you require help with this.
Contact the Educational Visits team email@example.com or 01609 797777 option 3