join us for the day
Day visits with NYOLS are a great way to get out of the classroom, have positive experiences in the beautiful Yorkshire environment and develop your pupils. Learn all about the benefits here: –
Learning Outcomes – North Yorkshire Outdoor Education
We have various dates available for Autumn term 2023 /2024
Visit our centres: Bewerley Park & East Barnby Outdoor Education Centres
Sample one-day activity programme
0900 – 0930 Arrive, meet the centre staff, discuss objectives for the day and then get ready for your activity
0930 – 1230 Activity 1*
1230 – 1300 Lunch (Please bring own packed lunch)
1300 – 1630 Activity 2*
*Arrival and departure times can be altered to suit your needs
*Activities can be chosen from the list below
*Your day can be made up of two half-day activities or one full-day activity
Half day activities: Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle board, Scrambling, Climbing wall, High Ropes, River scrambling, Mountain Biking, Seashore explore, Body board, Bushcraft & Woodland adventure
Full day activities: Canoeing, Caving, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Climbing, Seashore or Woodland adventure, Mountain walk
Eco Champions Day: Half day activity combined with an environmental project.
Full day on the river combined with an environmental project.
Cost per day is £390 per group of 12 pupils, plus one adult staff member
This works out as £32.50 per pupil – there is no charge for the school staff member
Included in your experience:
• Fully qualified and experienced staff who will quickly get to know the students and help
them achieve the day’s goals
• Small groups sizes to ensure all students are engaged and high-quality experiences are
• Specialised equipment provided, such as wet suits, buoyancy aids waterproofs and wellies.
If you prefer a half day of activities, then why not do some outdoor activities with us in the morning
– we can provide free use of one of our classroom spaces in the afternoon.
Cost per half-day is £250 per group of 12 pupils, plus one adult staff member
Stay at school
If you are looking for something a little closer to home than the NYOLS team can bring a range of activities to your school, college, youth centre or organisation.
Your group can benefit from our high-quality outdoor learning experiences without the need to travel to one of centres. Running activity days on your site can be a convenient way to provide shorter sessions to multiple groups or could even be used as a training tool for running your own
activities, such as orienteering and team building.
All our outreach days can be tailored to fit your needs and desired learning outcomes. why not
consider some of these popular requests?
• Activity days to improve personal and social development
• New ‘year group’ induction days
• Open day events for the public or organisations
• Progressive activity programmes on a weekly basis
• National Curriculum linked outdoor education sessions
• Whole school orienteering or team building days for teacher training
Cost per day is £390 per group of 15 students (£26 per pupil), plus transport costs (please contact us with your enquiry: email@example.com)
Your details and wishlist of activities
Please complete the following form and we will get back to you with availability shortly.