Outdoor Education North Yorkshire
Privacy & Cookies Notice
Who are we?
North Yorkshire Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). Outdoor Education North Yorkshire is an Outdoor Education Service Provider for Schools, Youth Groups and Outdoor Professionals.
The Council has appointed Veritau to be its Data Protection Officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
firstname.lastname@example.org // 01904 552848
Web analytics is the collection and analysis of the data generated when people visit and use a website. This helps the website owner know such things as the number of visitors to various parts of the website, the time they spend on the website and if they return to the website. Various tools are used to produce web analytics, such as Google Analytics, which uses a set of cookies to collect data.
This website uses the following web analytics: Google Analytics
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of text that may be saved on the memory or storage of your electronic device (computer, phone, or tablet etc) when you visit a website. Cookies are used to improve the way the website works and can be used to remember the information you’ve provided so that you don’t have to re-enter it whenever you visit a new page.
Two types of cookies are typically used:
Session cookies – these are temporary and are removed when you close your browser or leave a website. These are used to remember visitors as they move from page to page on a website and are typically used to store your basket when using online shopping.
Persistent cookies – these remain on your device for much longer, even after you close the browser or restart the device. They remain until you remove them or they expire, which can be up to 12 months. They are typically used to store information such as your name, language preferences or login information.
- We can distinguish you from other users of our website and provide a good experience.
- We can remember the information you’ve provided us with while on our website, so you don’t have to keep re-entering the information whenever you visit a new page.
- We can look at how you use our website so that we can improve it for other users.
- Monitor your usage of other websites (privacy intrusive cookies).
- Collect any personal information about you (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information.
- Pass data to any advertising networks.
- Pass personal data to third parties.
When you first visit our website using a new browser we will provide you with a cookies permission banner, seeking your consent to the use of certain cookies.
Not all cookies require consent. Those which are required for the operation of the website, known as ‘strictly necessary’ cookies do not require consent. Without these cookies the website cannot work as designed.
Other types of cookies do require consent. These include:
- Functionality cookies, which are used to improve the usability of the website; Analytical or performance cookies, which are used to help us improve the website; and
- Advertising or marketing cookies, which are used to target advertising on a website.
You can change your cookie preferences at any time through our cookie banner, but please be aware that opting out of cookies may affect your user experience on our website.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
North Yorkshire County Council relies on the following lawful basis to process your personal data:
- UK GDPR Article 6(1)(a) – consent
- UK GDPR Article 6(1)(f) – legitimate interest
We only rely on legitimate interests when we are using your data in ways you would reasonably expect.
For more information about how the Council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our Corporate Privacy Notice.